Fix Chromebook won't power on nor charge
First, check if the battery is charging by plugging your Chromebook into a power outlet. (Usually, you’ll see a light turn on.)
Follow these steps below if Chromebook isn’t still charging:
- Check if the charger or adapter cables are completely plugged in, both to your Chromebook and the wall.
- Make sure that the power outlet is working.
- Unplug your charger from the wall and your Chromebook.
- Plug your charger back in to your Chromebook, then the wall.
- Charge the device for at least 30 minutes.
If you tried the above steps or don’t find this utterly helpful, you can still reset your Chromebook hardware and resolve charging issues with a hard reset. In some cases, you might have to try a new Chromebook charger on your Chromebook before proceeding with the hard reset or reach out to a technician for further support. Perform a hard reset.