Pro tips to maintain and keep your Chromebook in great shape
Your Chromebook requires very little, if any maintenance. By design, it will take care of most common maintenance tasks for you. There are a few things you can do to make sure your Chromebook is in great shape. This guide will take you through them.
Chrome OS maintenance
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select the menu at the top, point to More tools, and select Clear browsing data.
- Select Advanced at the top. For Time range, select All time. Place a checkmark next to each item you’d like to clear, then select Clear data.
Check for Chrome OS updates
Frequently check for Chrome OS updates and install them if any. How to update Chrome OS.*
Avoid installing or adding random extension yourself
Do not install or add any Chrome extensions without notifying the Systems admin/Engineer or I.T department!!
- Without proper tests or recommendation, these extensions may contain malware that may result in incompatibility issues, performance issues or security issue.
Always keep Chromebook in a “cool” “dry” place
- Avoid placing liquids like juice or soda near your Chromebook, doing so may result in an accidental spill which may damage your keyboard or even the Chromebook.
- Avoid “sticky fingers” on your Chromebook touchpad. Wipe your touchpad with a damp clean cloth or paper towel.
Handle Chromebook with care
- Avoid placing Chromebook on high or unreachable places to avoid damage due to a fall.
- Do not drop your Chromebook!
- Do not throw your Chromebook!
- Do not bend or spin your Chromebook!
- Do not sit on Chromebook!
- Do not tamper or make changes or repairs to Chromebook!
Always keep your Chromebook keyboard clean
To avoid issues with Chromebook keyboard not functioning properly or not responsive, always wipe or clean off all debris/dust from the keyboard.
Ensure your Chromebook is placed on a flat surface while in use and always wiped clean to avoid debris getting stuck in hard-to-reach areas such as keyboard, touchpad, LCD Screen hinges, Screen bracket. Neglecting these steps or improper care for your Chromebook may result in hardware issues or even damage.